I’m excited to announce that the WELL BEING Medical Center is off to an amazing start. Our team has been meeting weekly to discuss all the ways that we can serve you as individuals and as a community. Our classes will be starting in October, as discussed below, and there will be many more to come featuring healing practitioners from all over the country.
WELL BEING Medical Center has had a wonderful reception from all who have come in. People have commented that the center looks beautiful and they feel their healing begin the moment they walk in the door. We look forward to showing you what has been created when you come in for your appointment. Please call the front office to schedule your appointment during our office hours: Monday-Saturday 9:30am-6pm.
For those of you that are new to us, Well Being MC is an integrative medical center located in Santa Monica, aimed to assist you in creating optimal wellness. We look forward to working with you as your healthcare team.
Dr. Dorine Karlin & the Well Being Team
3 exciting updates!!
1. Our website is live! www.WellBeingMC.com. Please visit our site to get more detailed information on our center, practitioners, services, classes and more.
2. We are honored to have a visiting practitioner from France, Lynne Oyama, who specializes in Craniosacral Therapy. She will be practicing with us for the month of September. She works with infants, children and adults. Anyone would benefit from a session with this skilled healing practitioner!! See below for details.
3. Classes beginning in October!! Our Meditation, Hatha Yoga and Yoga for Emotional Balancing classes begin October 3, 2011 with Dr. Deborah Anderson, PhD, RYT. See below for class descriptions and schedule.
4 things that set WELL BEING MC apart:
1. We offer comprehensive care in ONE LOCATION for body and mind through our group of diverse practitioners.
For example, in one visit you can see two of our practitioners to reduce stress, such as our Acupuncturist and Psychotherapist or our Naturopathic Doctor and Organic Skin Care Specialist.
2. We offer INTEGRATED TREATMENT tailored for each individual through a team approach amongst practitioners.
3. We provide services for CHILDREN and TEENS as well as ADULTS and COUPLES.
While your child is in therapy you can be receiving a relaxing acupuncture treatment, craniosacral, facial or massage.
4. We offer CLASSES and WORKSHOPS in addition to our individual services in order to provide comprehensive care.
Our classes are aimed to assist you to integrate the lifestyle changes recommended for you as well as support the work being done with your individual practitioner. The classes are held in our 450 square foot workshop space.
Naturopathic Medicine, Acupuncture, Psychotherapy, Nutritional Consultation, Massage, Organic Skin Care and more.
Nutrition / Healthy Eating, Group Detox, Weight Loss programs, Women’s Wellness and Hormonal Health, and Lectures on various other wellness topics.
Lynne Oyama, R.N., M.A.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
9:00am – 5:30pm
(earlier and later by request)
Tuesday and Thursday – home visits available
What is Craniosacral therapy?
The Upledger Institute describes: “CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.”
Lynne’s specialty is working with newborns, infants and children, treating issues such as birth trauma, colic, sleep issues, chronic ear infections, hyperactivity, and issues related to Autism spectrum disorders.
She also works with adults for stress reduction, migraines, insomnia, neck, shoulder, back pain, chronic pain, and tinnitus.
Lynne has been in the field of healing arts for over 30 years with training in massage therapy, Trager Psychophysical Integration, CranioSacral Therapy, Energy Healing and the L.I.F.E. biofeedback system. Initially she worked as a registered nurse in the newborn nursery, postpartum and NICU departments of Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center for 10 years and specialized in working with newborns, infants and children in her CranioSacral therapy practice in Santa Monica. In addition, she is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor and an Infant CPR Instructor.
Lynne recently re-located to southern France and will be in Santa Monica periodically to see her clients.
Lynne is only with us until September 30th, 2011, so book your appointment today!